It's a new year and thought you'd like a few "old" tips of mine with a new twist. I mean afterall, we need to keep our guard up these days to stay well. So many things coming at us that can slow us down both physically and mentally. In a way it can be kind of nerve wracking but if you do a few simple things for yourself, you'll feel more at ease. Well, at least I do because experience has taught me how to help my family be well and I want to share my secrets.
Let me start with honey...simple, ol' fashioned sweet goodness. Truth be told, I do not eat alot of honey or sweets at all for that matter. I'm more of a savory kinda gal. (except when it comes to cheesecake!) My husband on the other hand - just give him the whole pot! What a sweet tooth - he loves it. I've been known to hide some just so I have a little when I need it - or it will be gone in no time between him and my kids. It's a pretty important staple at my house.
First of all, buy your honey local, definitely not off the store shelf. (there is such a thing as fake honey) The closer to your home that you find a farmer or supplier, the better. You want the "native" bees and flowers from your local environment. Your immune system will benefit by having local liquid gold. It's like it was created just for you! I like mine organic, raw, and with no additives. The other thing about honey is to get the honeycomb with it. The nutrients and health benefits are superb with a bit of this each day. Spread it on your toast or put it in some yogurt with homemade granola! I really like giving it to my kids when pollen season is high to help support their bodies. If you have young babes, check with your doctor first. I waited til mine were at least one year old before giving them any honey.
So they say a spoonful of honey helps the medicine go down. Well, it helps the Onguard protective blend oil go down too! If you put a drop of Onguard oil in spoonful of honey, it's a great immune support. You can add it also to a cup of warm water to make a sipping tea. It's easy, tastes delicious! Onguard is packed with oils like Clove and Wild Orange which rank up there for immunity.
Onguard is simply where my journey as an essential oiler began! I had no idea how good it was going to be for us at first! It changed our world - totally. My personal results for my family and I are what began my desire to help others like you! I couldn't keep it to myself. When we use it - we stay very well compared to what life was like for us before we had Onguard. It has been very effective to help us keep our guard up all year long.
Use it daily, multiple times a day, for everything!
Besides a drop on a spoonful of honey daily, here are my starting tips if you are new to using this specially created oil:
- Onguard diluted with coconut oil on soles of feet - twice a day minimum. Onguard Touch rollerbottle is perfect for this.
- Diffuse it in your common rooms and bedroom to clear the air. I use 6 drops from the Onguard 15 ml bottle in my diffusers.
- Use it to wash your hands. Onguard Foaming Handwash at every sink.
- I carry Onguard Sanitizing Mist in my purse. Sanitize your hands, steering wheel, restaurant tables, shopping cart handles, door knobs, mobile phone, yep - everything. . I prefer it over the stuff at the stores - it's healthier, smells good, and supports your immune system.
- Brush your teeth with it! Use with baking soda or the natural Onguard Toothpaste is amazing with the oil right in it. ps...we never get cavities, dentists tell me to keep doing what we are doing. 4 kids and one tiny cavity in a baby tooth pre-Onguard Toothpaste.
So now that I've let you in on a few of my little secrets with honey and Onguard, it's your turn! Don't wait til some day, get started with these simple steps today. Take it easy on yourself, keep it simple - no stress.
Got questions or need this oil blend in your life? Think of me as your oil go-to girl - go ahead, I can't wait to hear from you!! You can connect me at www.oilourworld.com right at the bottom of the page.
One last thing my friend, I'd love for you to let me know is you loved this blog - leave me a comment below and be sure to subscribe to my blog before you go!
Have a happy, healthy new year. See you next time.