Salmon is one of my favorite foods. It's so versatile, healthy, and tastes delicous! We eat salmon at least 3-4 times a month in my home. My children love it as well. This recipe is a crowd pleaser with the Mango Salsa topping. My Lime essential oil gives it just the right "tart" factor and it makes a mouth-watering meal. I make some quinoa or brown rice to go along with it. Enjoy!
2 salmon steaks
1 tablespoon butter
2 mangoes, diced
½ Roma tomato, diced
1 tablespoon onion, diced
1 teaspoon cilantro, finely chopped
1 drop Lime oil
Salt, to taste
- Toss mango salsa ingredients until combined. Season with salt, if needed. Set aside.
- Slice butter into 12 equal parts. Place six slices of butter into a 9x12 baking dish. Your salmon steaks will sit on butter so place accordingly.
- Place salmon in baking dish. Place remaining six slices of butter on salmon, three on each steak. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, lemon pepper, chili powder, and Cajun seasoning, until evenly covered.
- Place in oven on broil for five minutes.
- Remove baking dish from oven. Turn salmon steaks and sprinkle with salt, pepper, lemon pepper, chili powder, and Cajun seasoning until evenly covered.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional five minutes.
- Remove salmon steaks from baking dish. Place on plate and garnish with mango salsa.
Tip:Your salmon is cooked all the way through when the center begins to flake.