I love a good, healthy, crisp stir fry. The color, the flavor, the crunch. Everything in one bowl. I try to eat with chopsticks, but admittedly, my kids are much better at it that I am! They prefer the chopsticks, I grab a fork. Either way, I'm happy they love to eat their veggies and healthy foods. This recipe is delicious and my whole family loves it! You can swap chicken for shrimp and try cashews if you prefer. Try adding a sprinkle of sesame seeds for some extra nutrition. It takes very little essential oil to flavor a dish and costs just pennies. I keep the oils in kitchen and don't have to worry about having fresh oranges or ginger on hand. It's easy - add a few drops. Adding oils for flavor saves alot of time on busy nights when you need to whip up a meal in a hurry.
• 500g boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into pieces
• 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
• 6 drops dōTERRA Wild Orange essential oil
• 2 drops dōTERRA Ginger essential oil
• 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
• 1/2 cup chopped onions
• 1 cup chopped snowpeas
• 1 cup chopped bell peppers (red, green, and/or yellow)
• 2 tbsp of shaved almonds (or cashews)
• Basil Leaves to garnish
1. Place chicken (or shrimp) in sealable bag. In a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and Red Pepper Flakes.
2. Pour over chicken, seal bag, and shake to evenly coat. Place bag in refrigerator, and marinate for about 30 minutes.
3. Pour marinated chicken (or shrimp) into hot skillet and stir until cooked. Remove from pan and keep warm.
4. Add peppers, onions, essential oils and marinade to the skillet. Stir until tender.
5. Add ,chicken (or shrimp) from bag, snow peas and almonds (or cashews). Stir until thoroughly heated.
6. Add Basil leaves, Sesame Seeds to garnish.