Do you ever get that putrid smell that "wafts" thru your kitchen from the depths of your sink garbage disposal? It somehow makes preparing a meal less appetizing if you know what I mean. I've got a solution that is easy and natural - plus it will leave your sink with a pleasant and sunshine-fresh aroma!
2 cups baking soda
1 cup salt
½ cup water
⅓ cup unscented liquid castile soap
30 drops doTERRA Lemon or Purify essential oil
Note: Liquid castile soap is a vegetable-based soap commonly found in health food stores.
1. Combine baking soda and salt into bowl.
2. Add castile soap and essential oil into mixture.
3. Add water, one tablespoon at a time, while stirring with hands until it forms into the consistency of "damp sand". It should stay together when you press it together. If you add too much water just add some more baking soda and salt until the consistency is right.
4. Grab a tablespoon measurement device and scoop packed spoonfuls onto parchment paper.
5. Once the mixture has been scooped, let dry for 24 hours or until they are hard. One batch should make about 36 garbage disposal refreshers.
6. Put into glass jar and use the next time you do dishes. Just put 1–3 refreshers into the garbage disposal and turn it on. You will immediately smell the refreshing scent of Lemon essential oil.